View Single Post
Old 05-27-19, 06:06 PM   #12275
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
The thing is that I like to have collateral damage, I know those patches and I am happy that they are there, especially for the benefit of my own torpedoes , but it seems to be a bit too much when the submarine gets damaged. But maybe it is supposed to be like this. I donīt really know how lethal DCs are supposed to be to have realistic values.

What you can do is edit the Zones.cfg files and the 'father' values (value in system A pointing to system B; if B gets x damage then A starts to take damage). This is rather complex and prone to errors, so know what you do. This should do the trick to make very punctual damage, other than this there is nothing. And if you try you will get a lot of CTDs probably...
You can also change the 'armor level' values and in that way change damage delay for a system (consider armor value as free hitpoints you can get before the system gets damaged), but this one will not help your purpose I think.

I didn't touch these, instead I changed the hitpoints to have more 'reasonable' and easier damage to fit the purpose of my personal modlist. It will lower the damage, but not make any punctual damage depending on the torpedo hit location, I didn't find any code for such a thing, not even the Collateral Damage mentioned by Veko, this one will only eliminate damage in neighbour systems without taking the hit location in account, and it reduces damage too much to be realistic IMO. It takes all aggressive teeth out of the game...

Then, you don't have total freedom: there is a bug in the stock game where destroyers get damaged by their own DCs, if you change the above values too much to your taste, then you re-introduce this bug that Veko has corrected

You cannot mod if there isn't the code for it, or go make a 'code injection' like TDW did with his NewUIs

XS
Be more aggressive...But with someone else's armor...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-27-19 at 06:48 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote