Old 10-07-13, 04:26 PM   #12
JoeCorrado
Weps

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandiir View Post
Hey guys.

I have played SH3 and SH5 with Mods and loved SH3. SH 5 was better that what they released but SH3 is so much better to play.

But I have picked up a copy of SH4 and want to know should I play it by itself or Mod it from the start? Also what mods should be used?
Definitely mod using GFO at the very least. GFO (Game Fixes Only) will do as the name suggests and allow you to enjoy the game minus many glitches and over-sites present in the stock game. This will give you a base line to evaluate the "stock" game versus whatever Z"super Mods" you may decide to try.

RSRDC is great for participating in classic historical naval actions recreated in detail. Merchant shipping exists but in much lower numbers from other mods, or the stock game.

TMO is great for those seeking a challenge- from ASW perspective, you will be faced with a dangerous foe, from the air as well as the sea- and merchants are fully capable of sinking you with their own guns.

Each super mod is aimed at a particular audience so decide what you want from the game and experiment. Pay close attention to compatibilities as described in the documentations because some mods do not mix well together.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote