View Single Post
Old 01-03-21, 03:23 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearAdmiralToad View Post
Still not working for some reason. I'll just post an exact list of what I did. I am confident I messed up somewhere here.

1. Unzipped the "Supplement to V16B1 (JGSME)" zip file. This was at /V16B!-Patch-Installed/

2. Copied (copied not cut so there is still another en_menu.txt that is unedited at steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/) the en_menu.txt file from steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/ to the data/menu file in the V16B1 folder or at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

3. Copied all of the text from the _Append_to_en_menu.txt file at /V16B1-Patch-installed/ to the end of the en_menu.txt file at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

4. I moved the Supplement to V16B1 folder that I unzipped in step 1 to the steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/MODS/ folder.

5. I loaded in Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) with JSGME.

I bolded some words just to have emphasis on them. This is due to me keeping the original en_menu.txt file and not touching in the SH3 directory. Thanks for the help so far!
It sounds like you placed the Supplement folder inside another folder called /V16B!-Patch-Installed/ ?
If so that is the problem; the Supplement folder itself goes into your JSGME mods folder.
Or maybe that was just a working folder you created to make the patch ?
Also what signs do you have that it is not working ?

I'm unfamiliar with Steam but iirc it can cause some modding problems with SH3, not sure.
Hopefully someone who uses Steam will join in or maybe try a google regarding it and SH3.