View Single Post
Old 03-11-23, 10:13 AM   #4
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
Hi Robert. Go with the "Basic Black".....you can't go wrong with that. That goes for a lot of things - clothes, cars, even coffee

The other one......I'm with your lady. I find it disturbing. I absolutely hate the "Death Cult" imagery that pervades modern Western society these days......if you do end up getting the 2nd one you'll find it's like a tattoo, great to start with, but as time passes you'll come to hate it.

After all it's just a box....what's important is what's inside.

I agree with you, Arnold and Budda. To be honest, I did go with the basic black case for the reasons you mentioned, Arnold. Both cases have the identical interiors. I don't have any tats or piercings. So, I get your meaning.

The guitar itself is rather striking in a transparent blue, showing the wood grains of the guitar. I do prefer basic and plain cases that give little idea of what's inside, other than a guitar. Ironically, the gentleman I have always dealt with at the music shop had never seen the " Tombstone " case. He was going to get it for me at a discount and I told him, " No Way." As Budda had said, they are a functioning novelty item and conversation piece.

The cost of Guitars and cases has gone through the roof in the last few years. A basic Fender Stratocaster is about $ 1400 and good, form fitting cases are in the $ 200 range. I had purchased a new Stratocaster plus case from the music shop years ago for $ 70.00. I had also purchased a couple Stratocaster cases that were thrashed out with the idea of rebuilding the interiors. The outsides were high impact plastic and intact.

I have always associated Jackson, Kramer and the like with heavy metal music, which I can't stand. The pickups in them have a harsh, raunchy sound for playing heavy metal. The ESP I have was basically no different but now has Gibson PAF ( Patent applied for ) Humbucking pickups found in the Les Paul. With the Floyd Rose Tremolo / bridge and Pickups and Push-Pull Pots at the volume and tone controls to coil split the Humbuckers. I get warm sounds suitable for Jazz to bright tones for playing blues and rock and everything in between.
By the way Arnold, a blond woman in a black dress looks great too.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-13-23 at 11:34 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote