View Single Post
Old 05-02-23, 07:58 PM   #6
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XonE:32 View Post
Ahh, I see. That's interesting. I thought I'd killed everything. It didn't say (or I missed it) that something went "undetected".
Last night however, I got the same thing (I didn't complete the assigned mission), BUT on the tonnage page it DID say: 2 foxtrots killed but one went "undetected". I assume I should've trolled around for a bit to see if I could get it?
Thank you for the info. makes things a bit more clear as I did not see this info when I RTFM
Oh, sorry, I misspoke. So, the map where you intercept enemy groups is what I was talking about, not when you're playing as a submarine in a battle against enemy units. So, multiple enemy groups may pass through your patrol area on the map but it's hard to tell which is which, so just engage them all (except of course if your target is a submarine group, you don't need to attack a surface group, etc.). In a battle against enemey units, if you sink greater than 50% of enemy contacts, you will be successful.

So, let's say your target is a group of guided missile submarines. An enemy group of submarines reaches your patrol area, you engage them in battle, and sink all targets: two Whiskeys and a Foxtrot. There obviously weren't any guided missile submarines in that group, so you sunk enemy ships, but didn't meet the objectives of your mission. You wait some more in your patrol area, and another submarine group passes through. You engage them and sink all contacts: a Whiskey and a Juliett guided missile submarine. In this instance, your debrief tells you good job and that you sunk your target. So, just keep engaging the specific type of enemy group on the map if they pass through your patrol area until you reach your objective. I hope that makes things clearer! Good hunting.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote