View Single Post
Old 08-30-20, 06:06 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The Ottoman rule was quite brutal and the Arabs have not forgotten that, Erdioghans bet to win over their minds and hearts by siding with the Palestinian Arabs probbaly never had a real chance, and his attempt to make Turkey the new Islamic lead nation also has no realistic chance for that reason. With the UAE now also opening relations with Israel an showing the ever self-corrupt Palestinian arabs the stinking middle finger, the signals show where Erdoghans calculation is heading - nowehere. However the rssources int he Eastern Med are real and Turkey wants them, also, the border drawing in the Eastern med with all the tiny Greek islands that close to the Turkish mainland are indeed a bit insane and a never resting source of quarrel and anger. Turkey's enaggement in syria and Libya have to be seen as supportive efforts for military action around Cyprus, where claism are made by the eU, Israel, Malto, Egypt, Greece, Turkey. The Turkish role in cyprus always was imo that of the bad boy, the claims they made over and on cyprus imo always were criminal/illegal and gorunded exclsuively on thge use of military power.

The eU still thinks Erdoghan bluffes. I think they are wrong, Erdioghan is very well willing to use military force and wage war there.

In a way it would be a relief because then even the kost sleepy hesitent blokehead at NATO finally should relaise that Turkey can no longer be held as a NATO "member" whcih already now they are not anymore, but they are a poisonous wound in NATO's southern flank, and speak with split tongues. The amy conflcits and diliokatic rifts between Turkey and Washington in recent years, speak volumes. One of Merkel's biggets failures, if not potlicla crimes, was to endlessly lead Germany and Eope into deeper depenbdency from Turkey'S good will regarduing mass migration, and endlessly avpiding Turksih EU membership as a no go.

I spae myself formmentioning oen again the many massive interference sof the Turksih stae in the inner poltics of Germany.

The Turkish land army is strong. The Greek land army has many tanks, but years ago it was reported they are hopelessly undersupplied in ammuntiion, especially tank ammunition.Many tanks back then - had NONE assigned. I do not know about their air forces, who they would compare. The Turkish fleet probabaly is the weakest part of the Turkish military. In how far the financial turmoils of the past 15 years have hampered the readiness of Greek forces, I also do not know. That Turkey bought very modern Russian air defences recently shows that they have eyed this confrontation since longer time. It was never abiout defences agaunst Syria LOL. Syria has more reason to want to defend against Turkey, because Turkey is the attacker in their fighting.

At home Erdoghan is under pressure. And triggering distraction by launching an external war is a recipe that many autocrats and dictators before him already have tried.

The Wets realyl has to learn to not see Turkey as an ally. It is not, and already since a long time. They play foul on us. With Erdoghan's arrival, everything changed. Attatürk's legacy is dead. Since many years already.