View Single Post
Old 12-16-08, 10:48 AM   #3
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

I just reinstalled SH4 on a completly new computer with a change from Windows XP 32 bit to Vista 64 bit OS. I installed SH4 in the default directory C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\.......... then ran the SH4 U-Boat Missions Addon with its default install. When I attempted to run the game the Activation Screen appeared with the need to apply my Activation Key for authorization. It failed with an error message stating "You have entered an invalid Unlock Code:unlock code has invalid format".

I wrote to D2D Support with a trouble ticket explainig the problem and in 4 days (this past Sunday, yes they were working on Sunday) I received an answer stating my old Activation Key was good to go now, after a change on their part. And so it was when I tried it again. Whatever it was, the problem took their intervention to correct. Windows Vista puts the SH4 shortcut into its "Games" folder and I'm able to start the game from there.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 12-16-08 at 10:50 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote