View Single Post
Old 08-24-21, 08:12 AM   #162
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

20 March 1942

Hawaii
The four battleships are back and pounding my troops again. I wish I could tell how many Betties they're holding in reserve in case ships approach.

Java
Zeroes swept Surabaya, shooting down 3 P-40s with no losses.

The Imperial Guards Division has moved against my local stronghold at Bandoeng. This makes me happy as the terrain is favorable and it's better fortified than Batavia. My bombers are now trying to hit them here instead of the beachhead. And their bombers are trying to get to my troops here too. An Oscar, a P-39, a Fulmar, and 2 139W bombers were lost in our competing raids. We caused only light casualties; our raids are back up to 15 planes but not as strong as before Batavia's airbase got shelled.

In the east, our forces began to clash in Soerakarta, a small base that had actually already fallen to the enemy, we're trying to retake it to degrade their local forces before they can reorganize. We lost 2 139WH bombers and a P-39 trying to support our troops here, without causing significant damage on the ground. Our troops attacked and demolished the enemy fortifications, so we'll probably get them soon.

Thailand
Oscars swept Tavoy airbase but only got four of their own shot down. The AVG only managed to get 1 plane up, that's how bad their losses have been.

Oscars also tried to intercept the bombers of the northern force, but ended up just getting one shot down as we continued to wear down the Thai armies.

Malaya
My lack of attention allowed my bombers to end up on AI-discretion for targeting, and they went all the way north to Kota Bahru. Fortunately there were no fighters there. I lost one Hudson to flak. But, that was helpful as a recon flight. It really looks like except for Johore Bahru, the whole peninsula has been vacated. I may have options to start retaking it.

Philippines
Cebu was captured today, this was the US's largest base in the central islands. It had been mostly evacuated. All that's left is the southernmost island now, we have a troop concentration at Cagayan, but they're already out of supplies and I have no hope of reaching them.

China
We attacked at Nanchang again, reducing the enemy fortifications to level 1, casualties 5600 to 1500 favoring them. We still outnumber them better than 2-to-1. We're going to take this base, and it's going to hurt them.