Old 08-19-21, 11:57 AM   #158
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

15 March 1942
Oahu fortifications degraded, 2 divisions land in western Java

Hawaii
Major push by enemy land forces. The battleships are making a huge difference, my troops are badly disrupted and not fighting all that effectively. We're down to level 2 fortifications, which is pretty bad for a base this size. Casualties were 400 to 7000 favoring me but that's going to tip as the fortifications fail.

To the south, I've set up a temporary PBY case with seaplane tenders on a vacant atoll. They snooped Palmyra and Christmas Island, and it appears that they have only token forces remaining there, no aircraft. I wish I had though of this 2 weeks ago. I can take these back, and doing so would compel him to send carriers or his surface fleet to deal with me. I don't think Pearl will last long enough for this to work to pull the BBs away.

Java
The air battles went better today. At Batavia we traded 2 Fulmars for 3 Oscars (all our kills by P-400s). At Surabaya, 2 P-39s for 2 Zeroes and 8 Sallies. But there's always bad news it seems... 2 divisions (Imperial Guards and the 16th, previously in the Philippines) landed at Kalidjati, near Batavia on the west side of the island. That's probably more than what I can handle on the west side. So, the first landing of 2 regiments was meant to cut off reinforcements to the west, this is the main force. For now, I'm going to try to defeat the eastern forces in detail and see if I can establish something solid after that.

Thailand
He's now attacking Tavoy with naval bombers. Interesting choice, aren't those needed around Singapore and the Java Sea? We're still struggling to deal with the elite Oscars. We lost 2 Hurricanes and 2 P-40s while taking down 4 Oscars and 6 Nells. As has been a frequent pattern, the Nells bombed from too high to do significant damage to the Tavoy airbase.

China
Some of those armies did arrive in time to save Nanchang, at least for today. We knocked forts down from level 3 to 2, and casualties were 2000 to 10,000 favoring them, but we still have them outnumbered. I think we'll get it.

New Hebrides
I sent a small surface task force to Utupua to clear out any remaining landing barges, we found a PB and sank it with a torpedo.