View Single Post
Old 12-15-20, 05:30 PM   #93
BlancoDC
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default SH5 Won't Run!

Newbie to SH5 here. I installed SH5 from DVD. Seemed to install okay, except that it said my GPU wasn't the correct version in the compatibility window. I suspect that is just because it didn't recognize it. Anyway, I tried running SH5.exe, and I get a window that says it's checking for updates. Then another window pops up that says "A SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE. A Ubisoft service is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later." There is a link to Ubisoft support that accesses Ubisoft, but nothing helpful for this problem. Clicking the OK button in the window results in the program crashing to the desktop. I have downloaded TWOS and tried following the instructions for that to see if I could get it running with TWOS. I set SH5.exe to Windows 7 compatibility and to run as administrator. Same result. I was able to update to version 1.2 using gu.exe, however. SH5 still won't run. I suspect that checking for updates is the problem, but I can find no way to bypass that step. In TWOS instructions, it references turning off web and update access, but it appears that the software needs to successfully start to do so. So, any ideas on how to get this thing running so I can install TWOS? Thanks for your help!
BlancoDC is offline   Reply With Quote