View Single Post
Old 07-23-19, 04:43 PM   #1
IcyWaters
Mate

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default While waiting for Uboat....

.... what's the best Silent Hunter game out there?

I've just stumbled across this game from my YouTube recommendations and it got me interested in shooting some torps again! I do believe I have SH3, SH4, and SH5 in some form or another so I have access to any SH you can recommend. However, I've only really played SH3 to a great extent years and years and years ago when it first came out and I basically just got SH4 and SH5 out of love for SH3 and the "I'll play this game someday" mentality; I never really got around to playing SH4 or SH5 to any great extent.

With that intro out of the way, what I'm looking for is a good sim where tactics and accuracy is rewarded. Eye candy is a secondary concern, although appreciated. I loved SH3 where I started out with a basic sub and eventually got better submarines and better gear as the war went on. I also loved being able to manually target ships and get good enough that I can hit a specific spot on the ship. I also remember that I could set magnetic or impact, and set the depth at which the torp would go at; the last bit seems missing on Uboat at the moment.

So --- any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

ps. sorry for posting in this forum but since Uboat is what rekindled this fire, I thought it would be fitting to post here as it probably brings fans from the different versions of SH together.

pps. I have bought Uboat and will be playing it. If I'm lucky, it'll take up all of my time and I won't need the recommendations here, but if not, or it doesn't play the way I like, I don't want to be left hanging and then lose interest in sub sims again.

IcyWaters is offline   Reply With Quote