View Single Post
Old 05-20-20, 04:33 PM   #12
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotRSU Mod Team View Post
As information: Be aware that Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition uses edited ship types in the mod. Some battelships are still Type=11, but some are 19. Same with the CA, CL, DD, DE, FF, etc. Just about every Class of ship has several changes made to it. Changing to a Stock campaign would work, if all ships were GENERIC calls, but they are not.

Thanks, I appreciate you take the time to respond here! To say the truth, I will not tweak your mod for long because I don't want to miss the marvellous changes and units added and so much more I possibly could throw over board by doing my system above, a horrible idea For the moment I have removed the Sea and Roster folder (except the submarines inside obviously), plus I have modded the flottila.upc and CarrerStart.upc to have the Narwhal and Tench class sub in the stock campaign, and FORTSU runs fine up to now by spawning only stock units during campaign; some ID book units will be without image but will not cause the game to crash. With any big problems I would simply re-add those folders but still keeping the campaign folders away, but according to what you just say, this may not work either - and I wouldn't mind really, your mod is fantastic and doesn't deserve that change - it only accomodates my personal playing style. On the other side, playing the stock game but with the FORTSU interiors alone (and all clickable items) is a boost for SH4 on its own!

I now realize that my text in the previous post above (where I say that I tested and it works for FOTRSU) could falsly mean that FOTRSU is up to grasp for any changes. While this may in practise be the case, I don't want to advertise for it, therefore I will remove that entry in the post above.

Best greetings and go ahead with your excellent work on FOTRSU

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-20-20 at 05:09 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote