View Single Post
Old 09-05-11, 08:12 PM   #15
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffertytig View Post
but doesnt having the navigator plotting your position defeat the whole purpose?

im probably missing somethins with how these scripts work as ive never tried them before.

Not really. You will find its much differnt than being able to look at your map and see your boat moving. I myself don't use the scripts much until getting close to port. Its kind of fun trying to do the math and figure how far you travel on your own. The speed charts come in handy then.

Heres the way I do it.

Figure out your distance to travel. We will say 530 km until we turn.

Then using the chart figure out how many kms an hour we will travel.

I have 14.82 on my scratch pad. I think thats 12knots. Not sure because I am not in game. For this example we will say the chart is telling us 14.82km for one hour of travel.

So we take 530 divided by 14.82 gives us 35.7. That is in time now. so 35.7 hours to get 530km. That is over 24hours so we will divide that number by 24 which gives us 1.49. That is 1.49 days now. So now we can take .49 multiply that by 24 to give us hours again. That will be 11.76 hours. So from current time it will be 1 day and 11.76 hours. To get minutes you multiply .76 x 60 = 42 minutes. Adds more to the game imho. After one patrol you get very good with it.

Might be easier ways but this is the method we use for dead reckoning in aviation and works just as well here.

Once you get inside an hour, you an use the meters/minute chart.

Edit: Sober beat me to it!
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote