Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: SH4 install folder...

Yorktown_Class,

I created a altogether separate folder in C:\

Then named it Games

I run SH4 from a Steam install, which for Me, I have Steam on a 2nd hard drive installed in the tower. I have the library for Steam, in that folder as follows:

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific

I then, create folders & name them accordingly to the mega mod I want to add to them, as an example 'Fall of the Rising Sun':

C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\PH-FotRSU-EN

I create the folder, aptly named 'FotRSU-EN' in the \commons folder, then go into the \Silent Hunters wolves of the pacific folder & copy the guts of the game (after having ran it 1 time... and 1 time only, Vasily, to allow for it to do what is needed to for it to set up then that is the very last time I run that, as I use it as My pristine copy to use as a boiler plate for the other SH4's I want to mod out.) & paste the guts into that newly created & named folder... making sure to include in that folder, MultiSH4, JSGME, run the JSGME once, to allow for it to create the necessary 'MODS' folder.

I then, drop into that created MODS folder, the needed mods to run it as needed, then run JSGME to activate them After that, I take a moment & rename the SH4.exe to the mod name then right click & select the 'Send to desktop' option. I then right click on the SH4.exe I sent to desktop & go into properties, where I then set it to run as Admin & ensure the box is unchecked to read only (located on the General tab of properties) so that changes can be written in as needed.

I then, run the MultiSH4 & name it as PHF (for Me, this is FotRSU-EN, with the added mod Pre Pearl Harbor by fred8615 - I did have to do a bit of tweaking to it, to correct an issue I ran into... it may work just fine on others who add it in...).

Lastly, I then run Large Address Aware (I have this installed elsewhere on My main drive) & point it to where the SH4.exe is located, in sect. 1 listed as 'Select an executable' and set it to run it with 4 gigs of RAM, in sect. 2 listed as 'Large Address Aware flag'.. then click Save in sect. 3 listed as 'Commit Changes' then close that out.

After that, I then send a copy of JSGME to desktop, the same way I sent the renamed SH4.exe there. I keep these both together on desktop so as to easily keep track of them should I need to do any editing at all.

After that I then run it when I want to take a sub out.

Hopefully this helps you out...

M. M.