View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 10:11 AM   #312
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Diagnostic Tracking Service is linked to update KB3022345. If you have deleted it, or blocked it from getting installed earlier this year, you are not having DTS. Which is good enough that you should not want to change that.

Another counter strategy that I leanred about, is "noise generating". Such system floods all output channels with all kind of useless, pointless feedback so that any data that would allow any company to profile the user usefully, gets hidden in a wall of white noise and makes profiling impossible, since when all feedback options for discriminating people get serviced and answered, no useful information is left anymore. Its a wall of white noise, so to speak. Its as if you go into a shop, gets asked by a salesman about this or that possible choice of yours, and you just say consistently to everything, whatever it is, "Yes". Impossible to learn about your preferences that way, what you are up to, or learn anything useful about.

I start to love white-noising. Its just no technique for the average user, but quite advanced. I would not know how to do it so that it indeed works reliably.

And as long as not everybody does it, those few doing it necessarily will attract the attention of automatised intel surveillance mechanisms. A single white-noiser will stand out from the crowd if all around him remain silent. The whole web must be white-noised.