View Single Post
Old 08-27-17, 11:28 PM   #44
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

^HEY nobody died! They'll talk about for the rest of their lives! I know I still am:

I Had a near disaster myself. I got summoned forth to San Francisco at 9PM-50 miles- with rain to-beat-the-band and 30+mph cross-winds to match across three major toll-bridges and Corolla's front-drive wheels slipping, even in low torque. For the toll-free return direction, I first called my boat captain who monitors road and weather to inquire about returning the toll free direction across the Golden Gate Bridge, and avoiding the windy Bay Bridge I'd arrived on. The route has been closed for flooding this month for several days. I finally get to a one-lane route at Sonoma around midnight approx 15 mile from my home and am following the vehicle in front, when the road disappears...70 yards of six-inch very brown deep water from a nearby creek and I'm in it! Real sudden-like (Flash really means Flash BBY!) with utterly no chance to turn around; and I can't see the deep ditches on both sides anyhow. (note: flood water/sewage does not smell good at all)With no options: I managed to punch through, creeping in second gear w/o stopping(fatal) and got back onto the dry road. I called the road condition into to 911 and made it home by 00:45. It's till pouring rain as I post and 31 road closures R in effect in Sonoma County today. It's gonna rain all week...there goes my golf game!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote