View Single Post
Old 10-19-13, 02:27 AM   #4
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Welcome, and thank you for the honest feedback. This is exactly the kind of feedback we need to make the game even better. I will try to address some of your points with what we know about the present and future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERdeBOER View Post
2) Manual... I don't understand why the "print version" has the dark background... ink waste, not going to print it. An epub version would be much appreciated so I could read it on my ebook reader (6'' is not enough for a pdf).
Is comprehensive, but not too deep. Some points would need a better explanation about why would you like to do something instead of just describing what buttons do.
I hear you on the manual; thankfully Matrix listened and they've provided a printer-friendly version, here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3418599

Quote:
3) The game itself. I've played the air attack tutorial and half of the submarine one.
In the air attack tutorial I received the message of several planes crashing because out of fuel... but they were supposed be back to base already and the icons disappeared (and by the way they turned back automatically).
Spelk has posted a great walkthrough for the air tutorial, see here:
http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=83502
http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=83580

Also, if you downloaded v1.00 please make sure you get & install the v1.01 update, which has a lot of fixes & improvements. (It also includes an updated version of the AAW tutorial which is a little easier for beginners).

Quote:
3.1.1) The icon set is what it is... but I missed the option of different ones. Yes, there's available to download one more clear for "non hardcore" but... here it comes, for the price, this should come by default. And no only two choices, but several.
As you say there are already alternatives, and you can even make your own (some guys have made high-contrast mods, for example).

Quote:
3.1.2) Database. Big, full of data... too much... but lack of the basics. Why not photos? Or schemes, or drawings? I know you can download them separately but, yes, for the money...
This was a hard decision for us, no doubt. Back in the Harpoon era anyone attempting to sue for the inclusion of the images, drawings etc. would be laughed out of the court. Today you're receiving letters from lawyers faster than you can say "fair use". So we did the next best thing and crowd-sourced it. As you say there are already community image packs and in fact today we are releasing a big update (over 650MB).

Quote:
I miss too a small description of the units and weapons to be able to use them better. A huge thing considering the size of the database? Yes, but for the money...
We added a dedicated weapon page in the DB viewer in v1.01, and we're also going to add hyperlinks in the places where weapons are commonly listed (e.g. aircraft loadout selection) so that you can click and read.

Quote:
3.1.3) Log. Good, many details... too many. I would love an option of simplified log; I prefer a "Goblin3 hit by AA sidewinder missile" message, rather than the two lines full of details, but hard to read in the core of battle.
You can configure which of the messages will appear (Game -> Game Options -> Message Log), and even set certain types to raise a pop-up that stops the clock (useful for incoming weapon alerts).

Quote:
3.1.4) Window layout. Not bad, but I would like more modularity.
Can you elaborate on that? If you mean the ability to quickly jump in areas of interest we have something in the works for that.

Quote:
3.2) Sound. *cough* Well, there are some... and they do the job, but they are too few.
I would love some voices too. Today TTS is very common and with good quality. Having the option of receiving some useful messages via voice, kind of "Slighshot team take off", or "Sonar contact" would improve the game a lot, allow you to focus on other things and not have to look the log all the time.
We hear you. More sounds are in the cards. Optional background music too. (BTW you can customize _any_ sound!)

Again, thank you for all the observations and rest assured you're not alone in voicing many of your remarks. We are listening, we have already made many changes as a direct response to player feedback and even more stuff is on the way.

Stick around. It's going to be one hell of a ride!
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote