View Single Post
Old 03-22-23, 07:54 AM   #10
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Since I had started to have sustained success in Freelancer I started playing legit and man that was a brutal decision. I had reached the fourth mission of the fourth syndicate. I had just leveled up mastery and was given 10k in cash, to now hold 34k. I drew the short straw, an alerted Hokkaido. Spawn was on the gurney in the operating room. I mean come on. In Freelancer you always start in 47's suit in a random location, which could be deep inside the most hostile part of the map. I fouled it up yeah, but that's a rough start.

Failing that one ended my campaign and cost 17k in lost funds. That's a killer. Then I started a new campaign, still smarting from my failure. Did the first two missions no problem and then failed on the Showdown, getting gunned downed in a courtyard in Santa Fortuna Colombia. Half the money gone again and down to 9k.

So I lost two campaigns, 25k, all gadgets (Freelancer gear) including my lock pick, no! and both of my silenced pistols. That's what I get for going legit!

I had just bought a Sieker, and got a Kalmer too. Getting the Sieker showed me that Freelancer handles inventory differently. I mean I could see that with the carry capacity mechanic, but I assumed we could still only take one concealed weapon in to the mission like the main campaign. But in Freelancer you can carry multiple pistols if you have the capacity. And, it turns out, if you have the pistols! Derp.