Old 05-29-21, 06:23 AM   #2
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm_Steel View Post
Another question for the community.

I have a pretty varied background. I'm a first generation American, my father was Austrian, and his father was a member of luftwaffe that survived WWII. (No, I'm not a Nazi lol. I'm actually a submarine vet and my dad retired out of the navy as an A-ganger.)

When I was a kid my dad had a box of reel-to-reel recordings of Austrian radio broadcasts that my grandfather had made during the war. I'm searching desperately for this now, since after doing extensive research in both English and German I'm finding my internet is being censored and nazi propaganda is almost impossible to locate.

There are a couple of "pay sites" that claim to have WWII broadcasts from Germany, but given the sensitive nature of such things in today's political climate I'm inclined not to believe it. I'm pretty alarmed that given the historical context of the material it's impossible to find. What, are they afraid the redneck nazis are going to take the time to learn German and somehow use historical nazi propaganda for... ugh, this line of thought gives me a headache.

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it..." [grumbles something about battlefield five censoring nazi imagery]

Anyways - do any of my Uboat buddies out there have access to authentic German radio from the era? I enjoy listening to wartime broadcasts during my gameplay, it sets the mood and really increases the authenticity of the environment. Granted, I don't speak enough German to understand everything but I know enough to get the general gist of what's being said. Furthermore, my dad left Austria in the 50's so the German that I learned to speak isn't spoken anymore, to my understanding. Something about "high german" or... something. Anyways....

Any leads?
Search the downloads page for “Grossdeutscher Rundfunk”. That has a ton of period broadcasts and music. If you can’t find it on there shoot me a PM, and I can share the mod with you.

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote