View Single Post
Old 03-20-19, 11:20 AM   #11
AmateurCaptain
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Hello, I am a new member here.

I'm an avid fan of all things naval. I live in Portsmouth the heart of Royal Navy history.
  • Describe your first sub game: My first sub game was Silent Hunter 3, and I would say I am quite new to sub sims, even though I enjoy naval history and technology (and Jules Verne's 20,000 leagues under the sea and any Joseph Conrad nautical novel).
  • How you came across Subsim: Simply because whenever I search for Silent Hunter content (mods, tips etc.) this website always comes up.
  • What the weather is like today in your part of the world: Sunny but chilly. I am currently at University in the British midlands.
  • Do you like U-boats best or American subs, or Russian fast attacks: I like the old subs all the way from the French Plongeur to ww2 subs. But I also like modern subs and am interested in getting Cold Waters. In particular, I am a fan of ww2 Polish subs (being Polish myself) such as the ORP Orzel and ORP Wilk which managed to escape to England. The two subs ORP Sokól and Dzik were two U-class subs serving in the Polish navy, that earned the nickname of 'the terrible twins' for their successful carrier in the mediterranean.
  • How many slices of pizza you normally consume: Usually half a pizza, then save the rest for later.
  • How many times you've watched Das Boot or Hunt for Red October: Das boot is my favourite submarine film easily. Although 20,000 leagues under the sea is great too.
  • What your superpower would be if your were an X-Man (or woman): Wouldn't mind having powers like Poseidon/Neptune.
  • Other games that interest me include: Il-2 1946, Mount & blade series, Arma 3 and any strategy/historical games.
I look forward to getting to know you all.

PS- Does anyone know how we can change our profile picture?
AmateurCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote