Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some information about Danish Law.
Next stop is High Court or in Danish "Østre Landsret"
Markus
High Court is suppreme court in English, I think, but that is in Denmark Højesteret.
Østre Landsret & Vestre Landsret is the court between city court and high court.
PM was sentenced at the city court today. The lawyer appealed right away to the court Østre Landsret. There will be a new trial procedure in that court. The prosecutor may be a new lawyer. The lawyer of PM will most likely be the same.
If PM looses at Østre Landsret, I doubt he will be given access to appeal to the high court, because the high court normally only deals with cases, which is judged to be dealing with precedent. And well, since this case is rather unique, I doubt the high court will take the case.
So most likely, the trial at Østre Landsret will determine the fate of PM.

And most likely, that court will confirm/uphold the same verdict.

Regarding the life sentence. Normally, Danish prisoners with a life sentence can get a chance of getting out after some time, maybe 12, 15 or 16, I don't remember, but it's up to juridical educated people to make an investigation whether the prisoner is still dangerous or not. Some of the most famous prisoners have stayed in prison for much longer time.
As I have written earlier in this thread, a police killer of 4 had to stay in prison for more than 30 years before being released. And PM will probably be judged to be just as dangerous. So he may be more than 70 years old before getting out. But we don't really know that yet.

But sofar, I'm satisfied with the verdict. There was no excuse for cutting up another human being. Changing story several times, not calling for help if she had died accidently, lying about putting her to sea with a full body or in pieces, all this made it for me. And I guess for the judge and lay judges too.

I met him twice, the second time at the subsim meet, and it was a cool experience. That also made it difficult to accept. But even though I still keep that experience as a nice souvenir in my memory, I think justice has served right.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote