View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 10:22 AM   #7190
Capt. Charlie
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Moving Steam games can get complicated. See their Support Knowledge Base article Moving a Steam Installation and Games for more information. The short story is that creating a new Steam Library folder is easiest, but if you only have a C:\ drive for computing, and the D:\ drive is the system restore and back-up, then you are left with either re-installing your entire Steam Library (which is the next easiest if it is a small library), or doing the 'move' as they describe in that article. No matter which way you go, it will take a while. When I re-did the Steam install on the old laptop, it took most of a day to do the copying, pasting and syncing that was required. Once I had things moved and was logged back into Steam though and syncing, I could walk away from the computer and let it do its thing... that process is basically going to re-install all of the games in your Library, is what it does when you move them... I ended up with "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApss \common \SilentHunter3" when I was finished. Notice also that I removed the spaces in the name "Silent Hunter 3"? I did that for a couple of the mods that require that for their installer routines.
I just created another drive "E" and installed it there, installed GWX and it seems to be working!

I've only done one patrol so far, well one after I figured out you have to turn off the Indian Ocean and Black Sea mods to have any ships in the Atlantic lol. Not totally sure how to feel about the mod yet. I like the visuals and control buttons etc. I'm not a big fan of having to ID ships, I know that's more realistic but seems tedious to me. Also, I get radio messages in German, not a fan of my sub icon on the nav map or that big circle thingy. Ship type names are also in German, but I'm watching a youtuber now play with GWX and his ships are showing up in English?
Capt. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote