View Single Post
Old 07-21-19, 08:17 AM   #7189
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Moving Steam games can get complicated. See their Support Knowledge Base article Moving a Steam Installation and Games for more information. The short story is that creating a new Steam Library folder is easiest, but if you only have a C:\ drive for computing, and the D:\ drive is the system restore and back-up, then you are left with either re-installing your entire Steam Library (which is the next easiest if it is a small library), or doing the 'move' as they describe in that article. No matter which way you go, it will take a while. When I re-did the Steam install on the old laptop, it took most of a day to do the copying, pasting and syncing that was required. Once I had things moved and was logged back into Steam though and syncing, I could walk away from the computer and let it do its thing... that process is basically going to re-install all of the games in your Library, is what it does when you move them... I ended up with "C:\Games \Steam \SteamApss \common \SilentHunter3" when I was finished. Notice also that I removed the spaces in the name "Silent Hunter 3"? I did that for a couple of the mods that require that for their installer routines.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote