View Single Post
Old 03-10-09, 09:57 AM   #12
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

@ Markshot: I completely agree about it being too easy to kill destroyers with a stern shot. I agree but I used to get a kick out of doing it anyway.

On the other hand I remember that SH1 destroyers were more uniformly tenacious in their attacks. I had more than one occasion in AOD in which an early-war destroyer would run right over me and not drop depth charges, but think I was further on and hunt for me there. I never had that happen in SH1. In SH3, believe it or not, I have had that happen from time to time.

Dislikes: the fact that in both AOD and SH1 you can see everthing on the map when you have the scope up. In that I like the mods for the newer games much better - nothing shows up on my SH3 map unless I tag it first. Of course that's still much better than in Silent Service, in which everything was on the map even if you were 300 feet down. I used to dogfight with destroyers, twisting and turning and firing torpedoes by-guess-and-by-golly from that depth, and hitting as often as not.:rotfl:

@ Eugene: I'll try to have those up tomorrow.