View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 09:46 AM   #675
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There really should be no US planes out of Henderson Field from Guadalcanal (Cactus), since the US did not land on the island until August. How close were you to Guadalcanal?... I wonder if one of the other airfields is doing that (Port Moresby??)? We used to have troubles with B-24s doing that in earlier releases. As for 1944, there should not be that many Japanese planes coming out of Truk... These are very important issues, due to the impact on gameplay, besides the inaccuracy in real life. What type of plane was that you ID'd off of Truk? Operation Hailstone was still a month away, so it is not a response to that.
uh, henderson field opened for business about a week after the marines landed in early august 1942.
i believe the game establishes an airfield in september 1942.
so, it is entirely normal for torpedobait to see us air assets in december 1942.
as far as the aircraft crashing is concerned, i suspect that it has to do with the parameters defined for the aircraft/squadron. for example, if the aircraft has a defined air envelope of 500-1000 ft and is following a flight path that includes mountains that exceed that altitude, well....
unfortunately, i do not know where the squadron/aircraft definitions are hiding in SH4, otherwise i would look them up for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote