View Single Post
Old 04-21-20, 11:42 AM   #406
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's more than one file. Each RGG (Random Generated Group) in each of the campaign (and SingleMission, etc) mis files has a setting for a percentage of a chance to send out a "Contact Report", and how often to try for a chance.
ReportPosMin=7049 - the time in minutes. a negative number means "Don't do it"
ReportPosProbability=7 - the percentage chance of the report, if the above is NOT negative.
This is done in TMO to simulate that the Ultra system was not completely set-up yet. The main bugaboo being that they didn't trust US submariners to keep a secret . When walking the boat, look for the traffic lanes map, and use that to find a place to "lay in wait" for "unsuspecting enemies" to come by...

Yeah, thanks a lot for this info. I'm definitly not going to mess whith these files, but by pure chance I have found a traffic map at the radio guy giving generic traffic info with red lines. I had to scroll the radio image which appears in the upper left to see - oh what a beautiful map
I think this will help me greatly. I was playing for hours yesterday without encountering anything passing the Macassar Strait, also patrolling for 72 hours in my zone will still mark 'objective uncomplete' although I keep strickly in a 100nm radius. But saving the game will probably - like in SH5 - reset the timer.

Thanks!
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote