View Single Post
Old 02-20-15, 04:19 PM   #36
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

I know im going against what everyone says when they say pick a game engine and stick with it, but I have decided that a) I have only hobby projects from Unity to show, nothing public so im not losing anything
b) c++ will benefit me career wise

and after actually learning the basics of UE4 (I only played with it for about an hour before) I realize just how much more amazing it is than Unity. AAA quality game engine feature sets, plus source code... for 19$ a month! If UE4 took C# as an additional language, they would dominate Unity. (and its already been done 3rd party through Xariman (Monodevlop))

I'm still working on the model of Nautius since thats engine in-dependant as I learn C++ when I feel bored (its really quite similar to C#). But I'm putting some time back into my YouTube channels so that I can make more income so that I can continue living without a real job. When I took a 2 week break 100% for this project my profits leveled off instead of rising.

Expect updates eventually, I just have a lot of learning to do. I'm still determined to create a cold war sub sim as my first public project.

(I'm still going to do the standard hack n slashes, scrollers and 2D games that these UE4 games teach but I don't publish though, just like I dont publish the games I made following Unity courses infact I've deleted most of them).

That said Chad if you still want to collaborate im always game, learning C++ isn't going to slow down my C# skills they are really extremely, extremely similar, but I'm not cut out to make a profitable game yet, code wise... only art wise and I dont know your programming skill level and finding more if any team members is near impossible with such a niche idea.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-25-15 at 12:18 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote