Thread: How sad
View Single Post
Old 02-12-15, 01:40 AM   #11
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

The concept of SHO is simple, The silent hunter series we have spent decades growing to love has evolved into what most PC games are evolving into... an attempt to fool you into thinking it is free so they can get you to perpetually pay for it for as long as you continue to play it.

several of the "world of ___ " games come to mind.

In the good old days we used to shell out $60 for a good PC game... now you just download it for free, there is enough action and playability to draw your interest so that you will part with the 99 cents to reload a torpedo or 25 cents to refill your fuel or $1.00 for the next submarine version.

or you can play for free all the way and wait 3 days for fuel to regenerate, or 6 weeks for a new sub type - whatever, the numbers im mentioning are completely hypothetical because i have no idea what the real numbers are, but the point is the same

on a long enough time line, you have paid many times over your $60 to play a game, which in my opinion, is not as enjoyable as its predecessors to start with.

I have read the good the bad and the ugly about SHO from the very moment it was announced to the world.

based on the merits of my observations and reading of the experiences of others, i have decided not to waste one second of my limited time on this earth fooling with it.