View Single Post
Old 08-31-07, 02:44 PM   #29
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

well i haven't played more than a couple of missions from the campaign as yet....been trying to get the game running well enough to sit back and enjoy it first...getting closer...

but i HAVE had a good old root thru all the relevant campaign files...

here's what i have discovered so far..

1/yes you do have to travel the full distance to and from the patrol zone/s

2/it stores all your stats in the usual manner...tonnage patrols medals etc rank etc

3/you get better boats as the war progreses..

4/ completely by accident i played the first mission of the campaign three times...as i hadn't understood i needed to remain in the patrol zone for 24 hours .....and it was at the very least entirely randomised..

5/there are text files containing the shipping routes and they are randomised by ship types ..probability and number..

6/ there are also similar text files which then tell the ships both merchant and warships what sort of AI behaviuor they are to exhibit ..how they are too react etc etc...so plenty of scope for experiment there..

7/ the campagn it self as stock seems to be emmense...when played from day one of the war..you have 50 missions ahead of you...

8/the campaign and mission introductions when translated into english are VERY informative and contain an awfull lot of historicaly accurate back ground information regarding the war at that date..as well as relevant info regarding your patrol objectives etc

9/the campaign CAN be played in three seperate sections if you wish...you can select to beging your campaign at the start of the war...or...during the mid period..or towards the end of the war....making for some interesting possibilites....and giving plenty of scope for choice..

10/ the ships you encounter are so well made and painted as stock that they make you want to just sit there and drool...not try to sink them lol

11/the aircraft models are good enougth for use in a flightsim..not the usual half baked models you normaly expect from a naval sim..

12/all the above is just for starters...and straight out of the box..

so yes i would say the campaign is at least as "dynamic" and equally as randomised as SH3/4...and although i haven't found the option as yet..it does mention ressuply in the game files..so maybe it has it ...tho as usual maybe they didn't implement it..no body seems to get ressupply right..heck i can't even spell it correctly lol

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote