SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG
I've tried getting int Falcon 4.0 but all the mods (and importantly how they interact (or don't interact)) just put me off. I might giv falcon 4.0 AF a go.
For the free mods you only need SP4.2 OCI - that means: one-click-installer. One download, one installation, one deal.AF adds slightly better graphics, some additonal functions, and is said to massively increase MP stability. But it does so at the cost of many issues and broken details, some of them are real showstoppers for SP. I now have tested the latest patch 1.7, and it still does not solve several major issues. While some functionality may be lost in SP4.2OCI, I prefer it for single player, and every time so. It simply is far batter patched out than AF. And after one year and the expectation that they cannot afford to support a several-years long flow of constant patches (it'S a commercial product), I think, they will not get AF under control.If you are single player, stay with SP4.2OCI. It is free, mission play does not suffer from so serious showstoppers like AF, and it is stable. If oyu are into MP, then you might want to try AF. But for non-MP game I fail to see any massive argument why one may want to buy AF. I have again shelved it, for the third or fourth time after trying new patches. Imo it is no imrovement, but a step several years back in the history of Falcon evolution. An additonal default theatre does not change that, imo.
I disagree with that assesment. I don't have any issues in F4AF. I also have both. BMS 2.0 with SP4.2 however has better (in my opinion) graphics in areas though, and is just slightly more realistic. SP 4.2 is basically F4AF since it is created by the very same people.

-S

PS - Skybird - One thing you may not know - all the same tweaks for SP 4.2 work for F4AF by the way. Things like removing the the little square around aircraft when in padlock mode, etc. You just have to add the appropriate files.

Last edited by SUBMAN1; 06-17-06 at 01:08 PM.
SUBMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote