View Single Post
Old 09-29-13, 02:55 PM   #36
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi guys,

After a lot of time digging deep on this, here more about itīs goods and bads:

1. The clouds/fog "disappear"" when looking close enough with binoculars/zoom/peri/uzo (very distant clouds/fog will stay ok)

2. Particles are an area that needs a lot of try&error to acquire good results. Until now the result is just barelly acceptable (I mean: making cool clouds). Mainly because if itīs good for day, they are yet not that good for night and so on. But have good future here.

3. As itīs not easy to make good clouds using particles, distant fog/clouddy effect is much more probable "end" for the mod.

4. @Hitman: no, isnīt possible to attached this effect for a specific wheater state until now. Probably only with hardfix (means hsie or Stibler). If they like the idea perhaps we can work together to really adjust this and others small limitations of this mod.

5. By the exposed above, for now this mod is more suitable for single missions, to make movies, or to be integrated on campaigns with Sh3 commander. I mean, i can make 3, 4 or more different cloud states that will be then enable randomically when you reload a saved game. That more foggy/myst one (on the firts link) must be enable by the player for that situations. Itīs a pitty.

6. Again, by the above, is easy to see that this mod have serious limitations on itīs implementation on campaign games. As it is now, without a way to attached it to specific wheather state, itīs very limited and as bored as the stock limited wheater types after some time.

7. I will release anyway a "middle ground" discrete "clouds at horizon" variant that could be then integrated directly in campaign, suitable for any stock wheater in a more casual way. Itīs just a pitty that the big potential of the mod will stay sleeping...