View Single Post
Old 03-04-11, 06:59 AM   #31
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Dark Wraith:

This is a very imaginative mod - great work! - and I have downloaded it for testing.

Quote:
Now what I'm really curious to know is the result of using this with a mod that has improved the damage model (like NYGM, GWX, etc.). The reason is because of the way I made it work should cause flooding on the vessel also besides damage (HP loss). In theory a couple large fires in SH3 with improved damage model could cause the ship to sink due to flooding over time. Can anyone confirm this?
I tested it in a standard NYGM test single-mission, June 1945, surrounded by stationary merchants of different types. Unfortunately, in June 1945, even the IXD2 lacks a deck-gun. However the ships can be torpedoed without ever firing back.

It is very difficult to be sure whether a torpedoed ship, which has been set on fire, sinks slowly due to torpedo damage, or due to the added effect of your fire mod. What I found was that only three burning ships (out of 8 survivors; another four sank quickly anyway) sank between 24 and 72 hours after being torpedoed, while one burning ship had not sunk after 5 days afloat. I would expect in this test that most ships would sink within 01 - 36 hours as a result of slow sinking. Survivors after 36 hours would not sink at all.

So the results are very ambiguous. Essentially two burning ships sank when I would not have expected them to do so, and one burning ship survived five days without sinking.

I think the only way your question can really be answered is by long experience, to get a statistical averaging effect.

Great mod, though, even if it only reduces hit-points. I would regard it as an essential mod, in fact. I hope you don't mind me adding to the next update for NYGM?

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote