Old 09-08-14, 01:45 AM   #3
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I'm playing the new scenario Wargasm

Now and then the rusky's send some vampire to wards my town and now and then I get a white messages saying that SS-9 a.s.o have missed one of my town by 0.8 nm

?? OK I'm not any expert on nuclear explosion or the effect on the impact if it hits right on target or miss the target by 0.2 to maybe 4 nm or more

Shouldn't the bomb go off anyway bulls eyes or not? and shouldn't the damage to a town be severe whatever it is a direct hit or a miss by some miles. Of course a direct hit should destroy the City and a miss should

I could understand if it was some ordinary bombs from an airplane.

Just a thought.

Markus
When the log says the warhead missed the target it does not mean it didn't detonate, just that a direct hit was not made. Explosive warheads (incl. nuclear) still detonate after a miss and can cause proximity damage if they are close enough. The only case where detonation will not occur is if the weapon or warhead malfunctions. In that case the message log should tell you that.

Next time you get a near-miss message about a nuclear warhead observe the target area. Unless there is a malfunction, you should still see the nuclear blast.

Thanks.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote