View Single Post
Old 10-15-11, 12:17 PM   #11
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Little side-track, but how are the addon aircraft? I felt fairly at home with the 2 available in the demo, and consequently bought the ICE package, but I have to admit that I have yet to find something that's really pleasant to fly.

Could be the fact I clocked much more time in those 2 free aircraft though, but still.
A lot of the German scouts are nice to fly; not too hard, not too many unpleasant surprises. Well, the Dr1 is a killer - I find it almost unflyable but there is no doubt than in skilled hands it's a killer of a very different sort. Same goes for the Camel on the Allied side.

My favourites are probably the Alb DVa on the Central side and the Pup and Se5 for the allies. The Tripe is a fun ride too as is the Pfalz DIII. Two seaters, the Biff, hands down.

While there are aircraft that are more forgiving than others, and most are easy to fly, none of them are easy to master. The level of fidelity when it comes to the flight models seems to be of a very high caliber. I still have a real soft spot for OFF, and I still think the immersion of their campaign is second to none, but their flight models aren't anywhere close to what you get in RoF. I know I had to do a major rethink when I started playing it because they felt so different. To be honest, I think this is almost veering on study sim territory with regards to having to learn the nuances of each aircraft to get the best out of them.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote