Old 12-02-21, 04:48 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsin View Post
Hi Guys..I've been on land for the last few years but now trying to get my sealegs back.
I've got a stock copy of SH3 that i'm trying to patch to V1.4b.
I've checked SH3.exe and can see that my version is 1.0.0.1
I can also see 2 readme text files in SH3's main directory that are called EMEA.en and EMEA.de so i'm assuming my version of SH3 is the european version.
I've now tried as many different patch files as i can find (even tried the american ones) all to no avail. The error message varies depending on which patch i try.
However the error message for the patch that i'm assuming is the correct one, tells me that the file MissionEngine.dll is an unknown version.
I say i assume i'm using the correct patch as the only european patch i can find is usually labeled DVD while i notice the american patch is found in both DVD and download versions. I didn't install my version, i simply copied it from a dvd and just double click on SH3.exe when i want to play....no install.
So, does anyone have any ideas about what i can do as i desperately want to install GWX 3 but every time i've tried it either crashes during install or crashes when i try to start the game....i'm kinda hoping thats because i'm not patched to 1.4b.
Does anyone have any ideas about what i can do?
Might just be easier to grab a v1.4 copy, from Ubisoft. Is available for $2.50 u.s. cash (not sure what that would be, in your currency... but don't imagine it would be much... )

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?lang=...&source=detail

But... that's just My thoughts on that.

M. M.