Webster's No Crew Fatigue
Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5_Large
Bigger Better Protractors
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix
SCAF for SH 1.5
Webster's New sonar view for v1.5
410 TMOPlot09032013
410 TMOkeys

I set out on my first patrol and saved after I completed my first mission. This save was not a Replay file and the size was 645MB. When I play TMO/RSRDC, my saved files are no more than 4-5MB.

Does anyone have an idea why the GFO files are so large? I can't help but think this is going to cause trouble down the road.
GFO files are the same as stock savegame files: no changes. What causes huge savefiles is not ending your cruise when you should. Complete your mission and return to base to end your cruise! NEVER refit and go back out, unless it's a mission from Pearl and you stop by Midway to top off with fuel.

Bad things happen when you reload and go back out, and it's not all about the huge savegame file. First, you are awarded renown, given medals for the crew, have the opportunity to promote crewmembers and are offered boat upgrades ONLY at the end of a cruise.

Now boat upgrades are chosen by the infamous blind chimpanzee, Ubi, who sits in a room on a rotating stool. At the end of the cruise, after being spun at high speed 10 revolutions, he tosses a single dart at a wall which contains all available upgrades. He might hit one. He might stick the ceiling and you get squat.

But if you refit all the time you waste the majority of opportunities you would have had to upgrade your boat! Friends don't let friends screw up their games by not ending cruises after objectives are met.

Finally, check out the readme for Game Fixes Only to see what mods Webster used to make it. I know for a fact that his Ship Maneuvering Fix is already part of GFO and you don't need to load it again. You might find others you can eliminate.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote