View Single Post
Old 07-18-11, 03:37 AM   #34
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

What resolution are you running?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velero View Post
With this new perspective I decided to open her up again. Now I am a little perplexed, as there isn't a 2x2 4 cable plugged directly to the GT 9500, it seems connected directly to the motherboard as per the picture below. So does this mean that the 12v rail feeds the motherboard directly by-passing the card?
9500 isn't much of a card, it can draw all the power it needs from the board. Those PCI-E connectors deliver extra power to cards that need it.

Quote:
Which cable corresponds to which rail?
Should be marked on the unit, perhaps a manual with it. Mine has a non modular cable from 1 rail and 2 modular connectors each supplied by a dedicated rail. Think it's a safe bet that every cable with PCI-E connectors leads off from a separate rail.

Quote:
Itīs slowly becoming apparent that it might be worth spending more on a decent setup.
Always is, gaming PC is a high-performance machine. Cut corners and it comes back to bite you later.

1GB 460 is an excellent card btw, but you might consider stretching a little for a 560. At the same clock speeds, it still beats a 460 by some 10-15% since it has access to the full core.

Contritium praecedit superbia.

Last edited by Arclight; 07-18-11 at 03:48 AM.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote