View Single Post
Old 01-26-20, 12:43 AM   #50
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I'm not one to worry and I'm not being a chicken little, but ground zero is sounding quite serious

https://time.com/5771606/wuhan-car-b...g-coronavirus/

6,470 miles
San Francisco, CA → Wuhan, China

G]
I feel the same, I have no idea if this will become a world-changing event. It may not, but it certainly could. Someday the right combination of virus will come along and with the massive travel levels and the casual nature people have, reluctance to enforce effective quarantines, etc. the world will take a big hit.

Quote:
But, a medic has claimed China is lying and that as many as “100,000 people are infected”.

A harrowing voice message on a WhatsApp group has now emerged which suggests the outbreak is hundreds of times worse than official figures coming out of China suggest.

The audio was shared by Chinese news outlet Global Himalaya, who claimed it was sent from a member of the medical staff in Wuhan.

In a translation verified by Daily Star Online, a woman says: “I have been working all day long…The infection is much more horrible than it’s reported on TV.

“There are so many cases. Doctors have estimated about 100,000 infected.”
China reports 15 new coronavirus fatalities, total death toll now 56

Wuhan doctor treating coronavirus patients dies after contracting disease

Quote:
A Chinese doctor treating patients who contracted the coronavirus died after contracting the virus himself.

Liang Wudong, 62, died Saturday morning after he was infected with Wuhan coronavirus and admitted to the Wuhan Medical Treatment Center. Wudong was one of the top ear, nose, and throat doctors at the Hubei Provincial Hospital of Integrated Chinese & Western Medicine before he retired last year.
Hope this blows over... wash your hands and wear gloves!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote