Thread: Gun Crew Sleep?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-19, 07:05 AM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirich View Post
I noticed when my sub is surfaced for a long voyage and thre shifts come and go, the gun crew never retires and is always doing maintenance.
OK, I dont see a place where the gun crew is defined in shifts, but does that mean they never sleep and if so, what happens to moral?
this aspect of the game (gun crew at their station) was not handled by Ubisoft the same as the other crew. Why? no idea.

the gun crew rests when they need it, unless they are at Battle Stations. if you want, move the gun crew to open slots in the other compartments. for example, the Sensor compartment or Conning tower may have empty slots. move the gun crew into the proper slots for a watch-cycle and they will visibly sleep. however, if you leave them in their gun assignments, the game will rest them when they reach a certain level of fatigue.

keep in mind, that crew left at their gun stations and on deck watch are at greater risk for injury and death than other crew when you are submerged and under attack. you may find it a better practice to move them to other, more protected slots...such as crew berthing or damage control, conning tower, etc.
good luck and good hunting!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote