View Single Post
Old 09-13-12, 05:48 PM   #20
Bubblehead Nuke
XO

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

As a former active duty submariner, I find the whole premise disturbing. I am suprised that the military is not raising hell over the whole show.

It would not be a officer or two who goes rogue. It is the WHOLE DAMN CREW. EVERY crewmwmber would have to be involved. One, two, or even ALL the officers going rogue could not cause this to happen.

I was ex-enlisted and if I even THOUGHT that there was a breakdown in the chain of command I would question EVERY command that was given me involving the SSBM's.

With the appearant breakdown there would be so many enlisted people who could stop the evolution it is not funny.

Even as a nuke I could stop it just by opening a couple of circuit breakers in the engineroom. I could shut down control, MCC, you name it, it would be de-energized and dead electrically. Some of that gear does not like rapid power transients like you could induce by cycling a circuit breaker 10 times rapidly.

If I wanted to, heck, I could melt the plant down with a few switches and open a few valves. It is not as hard as you think if you know the plant. I shocked more than one person when asked how I could do it and it could be done with just 7 switches. They just never realized that switch lineup could bypass so much reactor protection. Granted, it would take some time and active participation to do it but it was EASY to do if you HAD to.

Lets see you launch a nuke now buddy when the plant melts down.

I am ONE crewman. There are 100+ more who could damage, disrupt evolutions, or even SINK the boat.

Damn show is as bad as 'Supercarrier' where the enlisted guys are dismissed as idiots and blind order-takers.

The one thing I did find humourous was the guy sitting in the bar watching the SSBM light off after it broaches the surface and makes the offhand remark "That's not good". At least I had good laugh.

Last edited by Bubblehead Nuke; 09-13-12 at 11:30 PM.
Bubblehead Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote