View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 09:55 AM   #5
DanielCoffey
Planesman

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

AH, that makes sense, thanks. I will reflect the bigger guns (non-aa) only on the armed merchantmen and patrol boats but will put more on the warships when I get to them.

If the existing recognition manual shows a smooth-decked merchant I have been copying that but if there is a gun shown then it gets it. The 37mm Daihatsu made me laugh!

It is VERY slow going as I am sure you can understand so I will probably issue it as a standalone mod, releasing blocks of ships over time until it is largely complete and then the FotRSU team can scrutinise it for inclusion.

I am currently keeping myself sane by plotting a horrible demise to the person who modelled the NKLSS Hansa Maru Freighter. All those pipes!

While I am thinking about it and before I go too far, I am considering upping the texture size of the Recognition Manual ship texture from 512x256 to 1024x516. It makes for a much crisper image for the user and even allows rigging to be identified where it is present (although part of that is down to Photoshop tricks to highlight it). Any reasons or constraints why I shouldn't? I have no idea how tight the texture constraints are in RotFSU.