Old 03-28-08, 02:38 PM   #6
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sung
Hello Deamon,
i don't wont to promote the project to much, because we are far away from a running game.
But you have at least a running pre-alpha right ?

Quote:
The idea came to us after we finished a other project.
What other project is this ? :hmm:

Quote:
The first idea was a ww1 biplane simulation. By the way there are less games about the first world war and so we decide to develop a submarine game with more arcade and less simulation.
Hmm, is this really the only reason you picked WWI subs ? I mean how much personal interest is behind it ?

Quote:
I didn't know how much simulation we got into the game...
You mean you do not know how realistic the game will turn out ?

Quote:
I belive rondo medias "shell of fury" is the only submarine game in this age (I only see some screenshots).
So far it'S the only available one, as far as I can see. Besides my own project there was another one that got abandoned however. So right now we are probably the only newcomer left

Quote:
For my self i have played Silent Hunter 2 years ago.
But not SHIII or IV ? :hmm:

Quote:
The team is really small with 2 but we work together a couple of years.
Are you guys students or something ?

Quote:
images of a subs control room is that what i really needs.
That's what I also always need. I tried to research this particular subject for, I think more than 4 years now. But the results were usually meager. Most of the time it was a time consuming and painstacking process to find and puzzle together information fragments. I never came across an not even nearly complete documentation of the WWI subs interiours. You have picked one of the most difficult to research subjects, imo. But after some years and a general study of u-boat technology I gained an understanding of the subject that might allow me to recreate something more authentical. Good luck!

btw if you want technical details you can brows my forum which contains planty of them.

Quote:
Ok, here are 3 pictures from the project - i made them very tiny so you can not see any details and discuss about the poor graphics
Ah, comon give us some real screenshots, so that we can see the details and discuss the poor graphics

The small thumbnails look neat, btw.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote