View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 02:23 AM   #26
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
....but were (are) they financial successes overall? Not in all cases I think...

Thanks for the detailed thought. You are right. Financial success is a matter of perspective here. If in a parallel universe, I was EA with 9000 employees to feed anything that will cost me millions and doesn't return billions (I exaggerate to give emphasis) will be considered a failure.

Our perspective differs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post

Then another thing you may not find spoken-out too openly in these forums: For younger people, 'submarines' are a thing of the past, not a delightment of the present, more a thing for History books. Another analogy of the past: Why are there no tank simulators published so often today? Because even a 12-year old kid knows: Tanks are there to be shot down, it's their inevitable quick fate...

The reason that you don't find spoken-out too openly what you've described it's because this is not a fact but a an opinion. Our research so far is bringing different results and is based to the fact that simulators are not games but hobbies.
However, your opinion is, as always, well respected

Quote:
Humm, this could be a true replacement for the Sonalysts sims Dangerous Waters, Sub Command and 688I! ...

Well that's the plan!

Quote:
It looks to be in very very early development stages, so right now, it's mostly promises...

Can't blame you on that. Only future will tell then!

Thanks both of you!