Uploads: 0
Default M1TP2 - Hands Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
You have pretty much tested thoroughly 3 older TankSims so far:
M1TP2
Armored Fist3
Spearhead

So which one out of those 3 is your choice so far to be the best?
And the next question: what next?
Hello Polak2! It’s good to hear from you again!

There’s no doubt, M1TP2 is the best. There are several campaigns, more vehicles, different terrains, different tank camouflages, videos, etc. That big manual, too!

Spearhead is somewhat “M1TP2 - Lite”:

One basic terrain - desert,
One camo scheme for vehicles - desert tan,
One campaign - and you’re hopessly stuck if you cant complete a mission.

Armored Fist 2 and 3 are almost the same game. AF2 is USMC based and is a DOS sim. AF2 has the Marines using Bradleys. I don’t think the USMC ever had Bradleys but I could be wrong. I always thought their Bradley IFV/CFV equivalent was the LAV-25. AF3 is US Army based, has smoother graphics, but is essentially the same. I’ve beaten both AF2 and 3 but I don’t enjoy them as much. You can’t manually track targets very well like we can in M1TP2, Spearhead, and Steel Beasts. I consider the AF series an exercise in proper use of terrain and avenues of approach.

AF1 is a different story. One CAN track targets with a joystick with a hat switch! I’ve beaten all 47 AF1 missions many times. That sim will always hold the #1 spot for me.

What’s next? Helicopter sims. I’m taking a break from tank sims. Steel Beasts Pro PE does not sound fun to me. World of Tanks is ok but I don’t consider that a tank sim.

I’m enjoying Comanche 4 right now and am repairing my son’s old xBox 360 (replaced several leaking capacitors) so I can play “Apache: Air Assault”. I haven’t given Gunship! A chance yet but that’s in the future.

What are you playing?
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote