View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 04:26 AM   #64
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSamurai View Post
Apologies for not responding sooner, been sick the last week or so.

I do not feel you have made a fool of yourself at all. I can certainly understand why people in general can get confused over the issue. Most do not have a scientific background and cannot fully grasp the science involved or understand the scientific papers properly. It is not their fault, you do need training to be able to follow it well. The issue is so clouded as people try then to get their information from spokesmen and media outlets they trust. The problem is these outlets often do not understand the issues any better either and yet are trying to put their own opinions on the subject out, often due to political or financial interests which biases everything they say.

Anyhow I almost always welcome different opinions. If I disagree with them then I will challenge the person to either back them up, or consider altering their opinion. My own opinions are usually pretty flexible and will change if enough compelling evidence is presented to show that my current opinion is faulty.
I should have thought out my 2nd post more carefully, I had written more but I thought it was unnecessary fluff. But it may have been good to have kept it.

And the reason I felt like a fool is because I already knew about the CO2 bits, deforestation, melting ice at the poles in your reply to my 2nd post.

But I felt that I cannot add that I know about all that already, I felt like it could be portrayed that I would be seen as a kind of person who would just say: "Well yes of course I knew about that." (When in reality such a person doesn't know).

I don't know why i continously make the mistake: "They know what I already know." Well of course you don't know if I don't mention it, it's not like you could come crashing through my monitor to look into my brain and say: "Ah yes, he knows."

I remember in school when we got some assignment that we should write about ourselves. I would mention that I like this and that.
But I didn't write why.

I guess it's the same here, I fail to elaborate on the original statement.

I keep making the same mistake over and over.

And for some reason for me, a mistake means failure.
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote