View Single Post
Old 04-28-20, 10:36 PM   #853
SubmarinerJoe
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Just found this mod and it looks fantastic, I think I will install it tomorrow when I get a chance; however, i'd like to ask a couple of questions.

The only other mod i've played with is Trigger Maru and, while it's a great mod, I just don't feel as immersed in the game as I would like. You get those little movies saying something like, "We're going to be patrolling around the Solomons." then you get sent on random missions near French Indochina...

Ultimately, I guess what I want to know is, are the missions throughout the career attempting to be more realistic despite making it "boring" as you said in the original post? Personally, I would prefer this. One of my big problems with this game both in vanilla and in Trigger Maru is that I don't really feel a sense of accomplishment taking down a Japanese ship. After a few patrols where i'm routinely sinking tens of thousands of tonnage, it just feels like i'm a one-man US Navy and honestly, I don't like that feeling.

So, is the overall goal of this mod to make things a little more realistic, immersive, and dare I say, difficult? As in, I still might be proud of a patrol even if I don't sink a single ship? I know i'm a weirdo because of this but feeling like a submarine Rambo just really kills the vibe for me.

Also, i'd like to acknowledge how much work went into this, like I said it looks fantastic!
SubmarinerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote