View Single Post
Old 10-08-12, 06:57 AM   #2094
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
I finished my SH5 install with OHII an hour ago. The game screen is now in German, how do I get it back to Engilish? Thanks.

Oh the fun I've just had.
During that hour I had the blue screen of death after I tried to close out SH5. The only way I could shut it down was with a Restart. After that was the BSoD repeatedly everytime I'd try to boot up. I have a feeling Steam client was the problem and somehow my boot drive was changed. Got that sorted out and just uninstalled Steam [Had to relogin for Steam and that is where the BSoD started again]. System Restore did not change anything, and that's going back several weeks. I'm now running MS Security Essentials to see if there's something else nackering up the system. That'll take about 4 hours to do a full scan. And no, I don't think it was caused by any mods. So rest easy.... I just had to vent somewhere.

The 'menu.txt' file is located here; C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu
Replace it with an English version and you'll get your English menu back.
E.G. you can find one in the NewUis TDC located here; NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Menu
Copy it and paste it into; C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu

As you talk about unexpectedly getting a German game menu I'm curious about your mod list - mod list please

You could even try to reinstall your JSGME. Webster has a reliable method here; http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...28&postcount=1
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote