View Single Post
Old 08-23-12, 11:39 AM   #30
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Surely the DRM is the least relevant factor by now? Even 5 works perfectly well in offline mode nowadays.
Could have fooled me. I still see Uplay threads in the SH5 forum. People having problems with the update, unable to login, server outage, etc. The old thread that proclaims that Ubisoft removed the DRM is an utter falsehood. Offlinemode like steam now yes. DRM free? No.

Quote:
5 is well on its way to being as moddable as 3 or 4 with the work TDW is doing; when new units start being added properly it'll be a new lease of life for 5.
Eventually thing's will come in time i'm sure. I just wonder who will be doing them. It may be a long while.

Quote:
But this is all by the by - this 'potential' discussion keeps coming up, and is never really resolved.
I find the argument valid since SH4 has the ability to play PTO, ATO, and every submarine used in both theaters, as well as make any number of flotillas you like. No other SH title can do this.

Quote:
3/4/5 preferences aside, everyone seems to agree that more could be done - but few agree on what should be done.
Everyone has their own opinions, and priorities. This is why multiple supermods exist in SH4, and to a lesser extent SH3.

Quote:
What do we want in our subsims?
The answer to that question will vary greatly depending on who you ask.

Quote:
4 already has an excellent (modded) German campaign... what's left to do?
While I haven't tried OM, and while I'm sure it's a kick ass campaign, i'm also positive that there's a lot of details that weren't addressed. One man can only do so much, and you can't expect him to do it all. I can think of a bunch of things to address honestly. So many, I'm not sure where to start naming them all. Overall, SH4 is nowhere near complete. Regardless of supermod used, there is many, Many, MANY.... WAY too many that could be done.

Quote:
And further to that, with all the 'big' modders now out of the game*, who's going to do it?
Some new blood, or someone who gets tired of waiting for things to happen, and says, "screw it, ill do it myself".
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote