Old 07-25-09, 11:41 PM   #15
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Default WHAT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_abobo View Post
all i use the notepad for is preliminary checks for speed,bearing,and range. when they get within 300 meters,i use the battlemap controls to fine-tune last minute changes in the target's bearing. i find it easier to work with,and it makes the sub semi-auto with the salvo controls.
300 m? You'd be killed by your own torpedo blast (if it did arm itself in 300 m). I'm not sure if i'm reading this right, but you have just smashed all of my understanding of SH Uboat manual targetting.

What Joegrundman said was that because SH4 no longer ignores 0 values when sending data to the TDC (like SH3 did), the notepad becomes such a big problem that it's better not to send the data at all, but modify them manually in the Attack Map view.

So what you should do is:
1 - use the stadimeter to get precise bearing/range to plot the target's speed and it's course line (or press the stopwatch button to get them automatically). Then choose a proper heading to intercept the target (based on it's speed and heading). After that don't change your course anymore.
2 - use a protractor to find the what the target's AOB will be when it will cross your 000 (sometime in the future)
3 - reset your scope to 000
4 - go back to attack map, turn TDC autoupdate off and input the speed (found at step1) and AOB (found at step 2), then turn autoupdate back on
5- as you approach the fire point( if the target doens' spot you, since it will not change her course or speed), just get a quick range (but don't send it through the notepad to the TDC!!! cause it will reset the speed and AOB again)
6- go to attack map, turn autoupdate off and quickly input that range, then turn autoupdate on again.
7- place your scope on the target's juicy parts and fire torpedoes one by one per juicy part, not in salvos .

If the notepad did work correctly, you would be able to remove the 6'th step. And of course, not switch so much to the attack map screen.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote