View Single Post
Old 05-16-21, 12:44 PM   #260
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by melis View Post
Greetings everyone!First of all, I want to offer my sincere congratulations to the creators of the mod. You guys are amazing! This mega modification works very well on my old laptop Samsung RC530. However, I would like to ask you why at periscope depth, destroyers are not able to track me, they do not ping at all. In 1944, it seems to me that such a situation should not occur. Being at periscope depth, I am practically invisible
2 first easy fix with notepad++

- In LSH3 Commander/Cfg/Randomised Events, delete the whole section about thermal layer...it is screwing up AI sensors, becoming almost deaf.

- In Data/Campaigns/Campaign/SCR & RND file, change all crew rating =1 & =2 to =3...
Don’t worry, with Notepad++ it is doable in 15 seconds...if you know how to use it.

Then, you would have to make some changes in Data/Library/Ai Sensors.dat using S3D application.
Opening all Sonars nodes and Hydrophone node, and changing their max heigh to -10 (instead of -15 so they can detect you at periscope depth) or even to 0!

Reducing the noise factor to 0.2 of hydrophone and Sonar in Cfg/Sim file helps also.

There are plenty ways to make LSH3 more challenging in my opinion.
I did it for myself, and result i have never passed 1943...often destroyed by planes when playing no more than X256.

Last edited by Fifi; 05-16-21 at 12:59 PM.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote